Vinyl Decal Application Instructions
First the do not's:
- Do not apply in cold weather - adhesive may stick but will lift easily.
- Do not apply in extreme heat, apply in the shade - vinyl will get very soft and stretch.
- Do not use alcohol to apply - it will destroy the adhesive.
- Do not use ice scraper on the sticker/decal - may lift or break pieces off..
- Do not touch the adhesive backing - oils from your skin will prevent sticking.
- Do not point high pressure car wash nozzle at the edges of the sticker/decal for a long time - may lift or break pieces.
- Car washes are safe.
- Before application make sure there is no wax or rainx products on the surface -
adhesive may stick but will lift easily.
- Don't apply wax over graphics, especially if the wax contains any petroleum
- Surface temperatures MUST be between 10 and 35 degrees Celsius before attempting the installation. As a general rule, if the surface is hot to the touch it's over 30 degrees Celsius. Adhesive becomes brittle when it gets too cold and gummy when it gets too hot.
- Applications outside the recommended range of 10 to 35 degrees Celsius reduce the adhesives' ability to perform.
- All surfaces are contaminated to some degree. To ensure good adhesion to any vehicle surface it is critical that you follow these recommended procedures in decontaminating and preparing the surface prior to any vinyl product installation.
1. Wash and rinse the area with liquid dish detergent and warm water. Then dry the surface with a clean, lint-free towel or cloth.
2. Finish up the cleaning process by wiping down the entire area with Isopropyl Alcohol (rubbing alcohol). You are now ready to apply the vinyl.
- You can choose to apply vinyl in one of two ways; dry or wet. Applying vinyl dry does not allow for any mistakes, and recommended for small decals. Once the vinyl touches the surface, there is no removal without damage. We suggest that all customers use the wet process for larger graphics.
Add a few drops of dish detergent to a clean/new squirt bottle and fill with warm water. Generously wet surface. Peel backing off decal and apply to the wet surface. You will be able to readjust the decal for a few moments so try to be quick about setting it where you want. Use a small rubber/felt edged squeegee to release trapped air and liquid. Once you get it where you want let it sit for roughly 30 minutes to allow the liquid to evaporate and the adhesive to kick in.